Cybercrime is on the rise and not all fraud relies on advanced technology. Sometimes a common, simple deception can separate you from your account and money.
What is happening?
We are aware of a phishing scam this is currently circulating, requesting you to provide person details or click on a link to update your account details.
Please do not respond, click on this link or provide your account details on this fake website.
What should I do if I think I’ve been affected?
If you think your account has been compromised, please contact us immediately on [email protected] or +27 87 550 9626.
How can I keep my Yoco account and personal details safe?
- Only use trusted and secure links on our yoco.com / yoco.co.za website, app or portal
- Never share your account login details with anyone
- Never send an SMS or email that contains your account details or identification number to somebody you do not know
- Regularly check the personal details we have listed are correct, if they are not please report this immediately
- Perform thorough and regular checks on your account statements for any unauthorised transactions, withdrawals or payments.
Fraudsters are regularly evolving their methods and so we ask that you remain vigilant and maintain high levels of awareness. Always protect your personal information and report any suspicious transactions to Yoco on [email protected] or call us on +27 87 550 9626.
Be proactive, vigilant, and secure your information.