Product Partnerships Manager
Cape Town, Amsterdam, EMEA (Remote)
Yoco is an African technology company that builds tools and services to help small businesses get paid, run their business better, and grow. We believe that by opening up more possibilities for entrepreneurs to be successful, we can help create more jobs and enable people to thrive.
Founded in 2015, Yoco is now the payments provider for over 150 000 business owners and consistently processes over R1 billion in transactions each month.
We have an opportunity to join the growing product partnerships team at Yoco to build, manage and grow Yoco's ecosystem of partner solutions like Lightspeed and WooCommerce. This is an exciting opportunity to be an early participant in Yoco's partner organisation and to be part of building out Yoco's partner ecosystem.
At Yoco partnerships are about mutual benefit, to broaden our reach and value proposition, to enable small businesses to thrive. Our focus is to create valuable and sustainable ecosystem partnerships. You will report to the Head of Product partnership, working within a Product Tribe and responsible for managing a portfolio of partners, growing the relationships, and expanding activation & revenue-generating opportunities in line with the Tribe and Company goals.
- Own the commercial performance of a portfolio of integration partners, supporting growth opportunities and upselling further solutions within a Tribe
- Build, coordinate and launch end-to-end plans with partners, in full alignment with Tribe and Company goals
- Manage the roadmap for updates to partners’ integration(s) with Yoco's products
- Work with Tribe and Function leads to increase reach, activation and activity on Yoco products through partnerships
- Build and manage a pipeline of partnerships that reflect the plans and ambitions of the Tribe and Company
- Ensure that our brand values are aligned with and extend to those of our partners
- Negotiate and close deals, ensuring that we manage our partnerships well throughout the relationship
- Contribute to product partnerships best practices at Yoco and beyond. Explore, share knowledge and write content for your teammates and the product partnership community
We support and encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds, and value inclusive working practices.
- You have 3-5 years of experience in product, partnerships or business development with at least 2 years as a partnership/business development manager
- You understand the in-store and online commerce landscape and you have experience launching and managing ecosystem partners for small businesses
- You have strong commercial skills and acumen, with the ability to manage a pipeline of partners and execute against revenue targets
- You can negotiate partner agreements and manage annual partner incentive plans to accelerate revenue growth and product development
- You can identify, build and launch best-in-class product partnerships with a strong focus on customer experience
- You have strong interpersonal and project management skills with the ability to engage and influence multiple stakeholders across Product, Sales, Marketing, Risk, Finance, Legal and Operations, collaboration cross-functional and within the Tribe to drive partner plans and success
- You’re metrics-obsessed and understand how partners impact our goals
- Fintech or payments experience will be valuable
Please note that this is a remote based position and we are open to applications from candidates based in South Africa, Netherlands, Egypt, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Nigeria, United Emirates and the UK.
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think and challenge me directly
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way