Yoco is on a mission to open commerce to the businesses of tomorrow. – be a part of the team that changes financial services across Africa. Curious. Empathetic. Data-driven. Purposeful.
Sound like you? It sounds a lot like us too.
Product Design is of significant importance at Yoco and, as such, is growing to match the ambitions of the organisation. It is an exciting time with many opportunities to leave a lasting and impactful mark on the broader industry and world of commerce. Design Managers will have the opportunity to grow their teams to adequately support their tribe's needs.
The Product Design team is looking for an experienced Design Manager to bring leadership, expert knowledge, passion for the impact of product design and deep empathy for the growth and development of others to a fast and intentionally scaling team. The human in this role will have the opportunity to collaborate with Product, Tech and Commercial teams to ensure the best product experience for our customers.
Yoco is operating as a distributed company with growing global talent hubs and will accept applications from Africa, Europe, the UK and the Middle East.
What will you be doing?
Working closely with your relevant group partners, hire the right humans for your area in an effort to achieve the right level of excellence and capacity.
Establish effective practices in collaboration with your counterparts to ensure your product designers have the space to do good work in a consistent and meaningful way.
Be in service of those humans in your team for the betterment of their careers and skills growth.
Ensure we are making decisions that have the right balance of customer & business impact, supported and informed by objective data.
The things you will be responsible for:
- Leading and growing a group of talented product designers
- Ensuring Design excellence in your tribe
- Translating & validating product strategy into meaningful, accessible and profitable experiences.
- Establishing and maintaining a way of working with your peers that ensures the right level of consistent experiences across touchpoints
- Hiring a group of strong designers who are fit for purpose in both experience and mindset for your tribe and the broader product design community.
- Produce a tailored design strategy for your area.
Who are we looking for?
Key requirements to perform your responsibilities successfully:
- You have deep empathy for design careers and what it takes to navigate them successfully.
- Care & curiosity for people
- A proven and extensive track record in delivering product experiences. Both directly and indirectly
- You’re not a robot. You understand the rules, but don't follow them for the sake of process and linearity.
The Yoco Formula:
The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - Our way of working to create value & grow
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Core Behaviours - How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, subscribe to Exposure Gallery
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!