Staff Cloud Engineer - Security
Cape Town, Amsterdam, EMEA (Remote)
Your home team at Yoco:
The security team at Yoco forms part of our rapidly growing Cloud Engineering & ICT function and is responsible for infrastructure, cloud, platform, application and software security. Working closely with the DevOps team, other foundation teams, our IT team or product delivery teams they ensure that not only are our cloud environments following best practices when it comes to security but also that all the way from our internal IT systems to our build pipelines, external-facing APIs and websites remain secure. Similarly to the other teams which make up the function, one of the Security team’s key goals is to enable and contribute to a solid foundation on which all our products and services can be built upon. The teams strive to not be blockers and provide as much autonomy as possible to the areas they support and enable.
Working at one of the fastest-growing fintech’s in Africa means you’ll be solving some unique challenges that we’re faced with. We’re looking for a talented engineer to be hands-on and lead a team of highly skilled security engineers to deliver exceptional solutions.
Automation is key in being able to achieve the scale we aim to operate on and ensuring we are agile means we’re not only able to scale quickly but we’re also able to adapt and constantly iterate on our systems.
- Work in close collaboration with various teams across the Technology space to implement best practices when it comes to the security of our hosting platform, tooling, software applications and general IT security.
- Ensure we remain proactive and continually evolve our audit, monitoring and alerting capabilities when it comes to security.
- Continue to establish a world-class, high performing team of security professionals handling all things security at Yoco.
- Champion, mentor and coach security at all levels within the organisation.
- Connect with the wider security community and ensure that Yoco is kept up to date with modern security practices.
- You would have at least 10+ years of experience in a similar role or closely related and with a proven track record of implementing security solutions in production environments.
- Solid experience in setting up and managing SIEM technologies and other DevSecOps tooling.
- You feel right at home working within an environment which is constantly being iterated and improved upon.
- Extensive knowledge of microservice based architecture and cloud environments using GitOps workflows.
What makes working at Yoco great:Yoco is a business built on an agile foundation, and an evolving base of core lessons and principles. We like to refer to these as the Yoco Formula.The Yoco Formula - how we create valueThe Yoco formula is a validated approach to work, and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.Core Values - Our way of working to create value & grow
Leadership Principles - How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team that will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, go to our #YocoLife page or subscribe to our Exposure Gallery.Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think and challenge me directly
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way