South Africa (Remote)
Yoco is on a mission to help the businesses of tomorrow get started, and get paid – be a part of the team that changes financial services in Africa. Curious. Data-driven. Purposeful. Sound like you? It sounds a lot like us too.
We are an African technology company made up of over 200 team members globally. All with a bias for boldness, and a passion for simple, progressive solutions.
Founded in 2015, Yoco is now the payments provider for over 150 000 business owners and consistently processes over R1 billion in transactions each month.
The Data Engineering team is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to help in the designing, developing and maintaining of data architectures. You will be part of the team that develops Yoco’s modern data platform.
Yoco is operating as a distributed company with growing global talent hubs, and will accept applications from Africa, Europe, UK and the Middle East.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
- You will develop, deploy and support back-end code and processes that produces highly curated datasets ready for the analytics teams
- You will develop and maintain ETL and data integration processes between systems and the data warehouse
- You are responsible for ensuring security and compliance of data transfer, storage, and processing
- You are responsible for improving data quality and data integrity in our data warehouse
- You will be building, deploying and supporting these data pipelines in AWS
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Key requirements to perform responsibilities successfully:
- Strong experience working with distributed systems like S3 and distributed data warehouse technologies like Redshift.
- Proven experience with Python and SQL
- Passionate about building robust and scalable solutions
- Experience in metadata driven automation for data pipelines
- 7+ years of professional experience in the data engineering field
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- A proven passion for all things data
- Strong ability to work independently while still being collaborative and inclusive
- Proven ability in taking a feature, task or product all the way from conception to completion and release
- Ability to build re-usable solutions that others can use to avoid re-inventing the wheel every time.
- BSc Computer Science or equivalent is encouraged (strong work experience can fill this gap)
The Yoco Formula:
The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - Our way of working to create value & grow
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Core Behaviours - How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, subscribe to Exposure Gallery
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!