Lead Delivery Manager
Cape Town, Amsterdam, EMEA (Remote)
Yoco is a fast-growing African technology company that builds progressive, accessible tools and services to help small businesses get paid, manage their money and grow. We believe that by opening up more possibilities for entrepreneurs to be successful, we can help move the economy forward and enable people to thrive.
We have an exciting opportunity for an exceptional coach and agile practitioner to establish a delivery coaching function at Yoco. We’re looking for someone with a varied toolkit of modern techniques and approaches, who is able to assess which is best to apply in each circumstance. You can read more about delivery coaching here.
As we grow rapidly, we’re adding lots of new people, spinning up new teams, and dealing with the complexity of operating at a greater scale. A delivery coach at Yoco will be embedded in a team, and help to improve team workflow, rituals and interpersonal dynamics, so they can do their very best work.
Yoco’s multidisciplinary software and hardware teams each have their own goal or customer objective to solve. Teams typically comprise a product manager, tech lead, product designer, data analyst and developers, who all collaborate across the whole lifecycle of a product to ship value early and often.
Establish delivery coaching, starting in one team:
- Introduce and coach a team on the most appropriate agile, lean or iterative approaches to deliver effectively at a sustainable pace.
- Empower the team by creating an environment of collaboration, shared ownership, accountability and continuous improvement that enables effective delivery of outcomes.
- Use this first team as a discovery to understand Yoco and design the most appropriate delivery coaching practices. Create an understanding of the role for people new to it, tracking and sharing the impact of interventions.
- Establish, embed and rapidly grow a strong delivery coaching practice to meet the needs of Yoco now and into the future. Hire, onboard, grow and lead delivery coaches for other teams.
- Build strong relationships with other teams and people to ensure effective delivery and mitigate risks and dependencies.
- Share knowledge and experience with others across Yoco to help build expertise in agile, lean and iterative delivery.
- Facilitate iterative planning and forecasting using data, helping the team to prioritise work against their stated outcomes, capacity and capability.
- You are a senior leader: a head of delivery management, agile coach or lead with over 5 years of experience setting up and running multiple delivery teams.
- You have experience of growing and leading a team of delivery coaches that enable organizations and teams to create great outcomes.
- You have worked in a high-growth technology company, ideally to the scale of 500 people in product and technology, collaborating closely with heads of product and engineering to develop ways of working.
- You have experience and thrive in remote setups, ensuring the team stays connected and engaged.
- You have a varied toolbox of agile, lean and iterative approaches and know how to use the right approach at the right time.
- You are happy working autonomously, making the connections you need, proactively spotting things, and ruthlessly prioritising to do the few most important things very well.
- You are known for establishing high performing cross-functional teams with psychological safety, enabling teams to self-organise with shared ownership and accountability.
- You have clear and compelling written and verbal communication skills. You’re great at explaining highly technical topics to technical and non-technical audiences.
- You are a skilled facilitator, able to align teams and reach an agreement on ideas, decisions and solutions.
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think and challenge me directly
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way