Field Sales Lead
South Africa (Remote)
Yoco is on a mission to help the businesses of tomorrow get started, and get paid – be a part of the team that changes financial services in Africa. Curious. Data-driven. Purposeful. Sound like you? It sounds a lot like us too.
We are an African technology company made up of over 200+ team members globally. All with a bias for boldness, and a passion for simple, progressive solutions. We operate as a distributed company with growing global talent hubs, and will accept applications from Africa, Europe, UK and the Middle East.
In the Sales & Channel Development function we use research and business strategy to push Yoco forward and find new ways to unlock potential - be that new sales channels or the development of entirely new markets and customer segments.
The Sales and Channel Development team is looking for an experienced Field Sales Lead. The field sales team is responsible for the identification, prospecting, recruitment and retention of middle-market sized merchants through the implementation of a robust, scalable B2B servicing model
- Develop the field sales channel into a highly scalable model that identifies the correct market segments to target and recruit high value middle-market merchants with Yoco’s portfolio of readers and products
- Identify the correct B2B servicing models and develop and implement an effective sales strategy, playbook and sales development processes to win customers over
- Develop new sales flows for >R100,000k per month merchants that ensures a seamless sale and onboarding experience;
- Lead nationwide sales teams (internal and or outsourced) to achieve targets
- Employ experimentation and agility in the incubation of new servicing models with a blitz scaling mindset
- Work closely with the key account management team to transition key merchants into their framework
- Achieve annual targets whilst closely managing channel costs and payback periods, taking full accountability for sales channel P&L
- Ensure strong data analytics with laser-like pinpointing of opportunities and monitoring of sales performance.
- Bachelor's degree/diploma (in business management and/or development would be an advantage
- Proven field sales channel management track record
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in scaling national B2B sales teams (internal and outsourced) in a high volume fast paced environment
- Channel strategy and fiscal channel plan development
- Experience managing high-performance sales teams
- Experience with CRM (Salesforce) and data visualization tools (Tableau)
- Strong problem-solving, negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work autonomously with strong time management skills
- Strong analytics and reporting expertise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise in a high-volume, fast paced environment.
- Strong system skills
- Valid driver's license and own vehicle
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way