Retail Channel Manager
South Africa (Remote)
Yoco is on a mission to help the businesses of tomorrow get started, and get paid – be a part of the team that changes financial services in Africa. Curious. Data-driven. Purposeful. Sound like you? It sounds a lot like us too.
We are an African technology company made up of over 200 team members globally. All with a bias for boldness, and a passion for simple, progressive solutions. Founded in 2015, Yoco is now the payments provider for over 150 000 business owners and consistently processes over R1 billion in transactions each month.
The Retail Team develops and executes against data-driven marketing strategies to deliver growth and efficiency at scale for Yoco within the retail channel. By being available in retail outlets we increase accessibility to merchants who don’t want to wait for delivery or who don’t want to buy their card machine online. We are made up of business development managers, channel managers, and retail marketing specialists who are obsessed with working with our broad range of formal, digital and wholesale retail partners to bring Yoco to every corner of South Africa.
The growing Retail team is looking for an experienced Channel Manager to manage a portfolio of retail partnerships. This role requires someone who is driven, self motivated and who is burning for developing long lasting relationships, while delivering on marketing initiatives and growing our sales from a portfolio of retail partners. We are looking for someone who is able to juggle multiple projects at the time, can deliver top notch briefs and communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders.
Yoco is operating as a distributed company with growing global talent hubs, and will accept applications from Africa, Europe, UK and the Middle East.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
- Serve as the lead point of contact for your portfolio of retail partners
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting partner relationships
- Ensure the timely and successful execution and delivery of marketing initiatives
- Plan and book marketing initiatives with your portfolio of retail partners inline with Yoco’s promotional strategy
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Track competitor activity closely and keep relevant departments up-to-date about the same.
- Assist with production and distribution of all marketing and promotional collaterals to the relevant stores and partners when needed
- Identify areas of improvement within your partner portfolio to meet sales targets
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify and grow opportunities within your portfolio
- Assist with partner requests or issue escalations as needed
- Work closely with the operations team to ensure orders and deliveries are made in a timely and efficient manner
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Key requirements to perform responsibilities successfully:
- A BA/BS degree or relevant tertiary qualification in Marketing or Advertising
- 3+ years as an Account/Channel Manager preferably from an agency background
- Advanced brief writing skills with a good understanding of the creative process
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Experience delivering partner-focussed solutions that drive acquisition
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
The Yoco Formula:
The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - Our way of working to create value & grow
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Core Behaviours - How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, subscribe to Exposure Gallery
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!