Yoco is an African technology company that builds tools and services to help small businesses get paid, run their business better, and grow. We believe that by opening up more possibilities for entrepreneurs to be successful, we can help create more jobs and enable people to thrive.
You will be the first Delivery Manager in our fast-growing product and technology area. We are looking for an experienced Delivery Manager to lead by example by supporting one or two of our established cross-functional product teams and creating the space for them to do their best work. You will enable collaboration across different roles in the team, create a culture of continual improvement, set up better ways of working and introduce and implement the most appropriate agile, lean and iterative approaches to deliver on our priorities.
- Introduce, implement and coach the team on the most appropriate agile, lean or iterative approaches appropriate to deliver effectively and at a sustainable pace.
- Facilitate iterative planning and forecasting, helping the team prioritise work against the outcomes, capacity and capability of the team.
- Use metrics to track delivery and inform opportunities for team improvements.
- Highlight delivery risks and dependencies that help the product manager see progress and make decisions
- Manage, unblock and proactively solve problems creatively, ensuring delivery is not unnecessarily slowed down and give new things momentum.
- Sync with other teams and people to ensure effective delivery and mitigate risks and
- Empower the team by creating an environment of collaboration, shared ownership, accountability and continuous improvement that enables effective delivery of outcomes.
- Share knowledge and experience with others across Yoco to help build expertise in agile, lean and iterative delivery.
We support and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and value inclusive working practices. If you need adjustments to our interview process, please let us know. If you need to work flexibly or part-time, we’ll facilitate this where we can. The required skills and experience to successfully fulfil this role are:
- You are a delivery manager, agile coach or agile lead with at least 3 years of experience setting up and running multiple delivery teams.
- You are known for establishing high performing cross-functional teams with psychological safety, enabling teams to self-organise with shared ownership and accountability.
- You have proven experience in helping teams iteratively and quickly release software to users and have experience managing the delivery lifecycle.
- You have a varied toolbox of agile, lean and iterative approaches and the ability to use the right approach at the right time. You have used this toolbox in a high-growth technology company.
- You have experience and thrive in remote setups, ensuring the team stays connected and engaged.
- You are happy working autonomously, making the connections you need, proactively spotting things, and ruthlessly prioritising to do the few most important things very well.
- You have clear and compelling written and verbal communication skills. You’re great at explaining highly technical topics to technical and non-technical audiences.
- You are a skilled facilitator, able to align teams and reach a consensus on ideas, decisions and solutions.
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think and challenge me directly
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way