PPC Marketing Specialist
Cape Town, Amsterdam, EMEA (Remote)
Yoco is on a mission to help the businesses of tomorrow get started, and get paid – be a part of the team that changes financial services in Africa. Curious. Data-driven. Purposeful. Sound like you? It sounds a lot like us too.
We are an African technology company made up of over 200 team members globally. All with a bias for boldness, and a passion for simple, progressive solutions.
Founded in 2015, Yoco is now the payments provider for over 150 000 business owners and consistently processes over R1 billion in transactions each month.
As PPC Specialist you will be working with Yoco’s Google Ads campaigns and online marketing initiatives throughout Google’s platform. Your goal is to acquire new merchants through online channels. This goal is achieved through strategically placed and creatively designed online marketing campaigns.
This is the opportunity to thrive within a startup environment which will offer you the opportunity to master your craft by being constantly challenged to prioritise, execute, analyse and report, in order to assure delivery on set KPIs and key metrics.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
Build, manage and optimise Search, Shopping, Video, App, and Discovery campaigns in Google Ads to achieve KPI’s.
- Manage experimentation across channels, and inform landing pages and creative development.
- Generate weekly and monthly reporting for all key metrics, KPIs and learnings.
- Assist the Brand marketing team with campaign creation, optimisation, reporting, analysis and strategies to create aligned consumer communications across all channels.
- Keep up to date with changes in the world of Google and set up tests to implement and determine the viability of these new changes for Yoco’s growth marketing strategy.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
Bachelor’s degree. Analytical, marketing or language related preferred.
- 2+ years of Google Ads experience
- Google Ads & Google Analytics Certification
- Experience working in Google Merchant Centre
- Technical knowledge of Google Tag Manager and tracking scripts/pixels.
- Capable of identifying high value audiences in Google Ads and Google Analytics and able to create viable custom audiences.
- Strong understanding of customer buying behaviours, segmentation and profiling.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of web analytics tools (Google Analytics) and the ability to analyse and visualise data from multiple sources (Tableau/Excel/Google Sheets).
- Excellent analytical, organisational, project management and time management skills.
- Data analysis and quantification skills - able to analyse the performance of campaigns and gather insights from this analysis to improve future performance.
- Basic knowledge of SEO is beneficial.
THE YOCO FORMULA - HOW WE CREATE VALUE
The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - Our way of working to create value & grow
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Leadership Principles - How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think and challenge me directly
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, go to our #YocoLife page or subscribe to our Exposure Gallery
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!
Yoco encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Open positions at Yoco are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.