Growth eCommerce Lead
Cape Town, Amsterdam, EMEA (Remote)
Yoco is on a mission to help the businesses of tomorrow get started, and get paid – be a part of the team that changes financial services in Africa. Curious. Data-driven. Purposeful. Sound like you? It sounds a lot like us too. We are an African technology company made up of over 200 team members globally. All with a bias for boldness, and a passion for simple, progressive solutions.
Founded in 2015, Yoco is now the payments provider for over 150 000 business owners and consistently processes over R1 billion in transactions each month.
As Growth Ecommerce Lead you will be leading Yoco’s website team. Your goal is to inspire, inform, educate and ultimately convert our website traffic into qualified accounts. This goal is achieved through strategically placed and creatively designed online marketing presence.
This is the opportunity to thrive within a startup environment which will offer you the opportunity to master your craft by being constantly challenged to strategize, prioritise, execute, analyse and report, in order to assure delivery on set KPIs and key metrics.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
Take our ecommerce strategy and operation to the next level and manage a team of marketing managers.
- Collaborate closely with the creative leads, CRM marketing, inbound sales, and other commercial teams as well as our product and engineering teams.
- Utilize and mentor your team on how to use our data and tools to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Shorten our delivery cycles and evolve decision-making.
- Identify, nurture and scale new and innovative content, customer journeys and performance.
- Respond quickly to changes and act on new opportunities
- Implement testing methodologies to ensure constant improvement of KPIs
- Work closely with the extended management, lead company initiatives and provide ongoing analysis and input
- Own key business metrics, support in-depth business reviews and present to senior executives.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
- A conversion rate optimisation veteran with hands-on experience in managing large-scale & international websites and systems.
- A perfectionist enjoying the balance of aesthetic beauty and functional performance of our website and ecommerce store.
- An audience whisperer, having always the right people, place, price and promotion in mind.
- An analyst at heart, with the ability to draw conclusions and determine strategies based on large data sets.
- A natural leader who can motivate their international team and help them improve their performance
- A marketing pro – passionate about online marketing, keeping track of industry trends, features, and tools and always looking to try new things - not afraid to go off the beaten track.
- A Bachelor by degree. Quantitative field preferred.
THE YOCO FORMULA - HOW WE CREATE VALUE
The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - Our way of working to create value & grow
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Leadership Principles - How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think and challenge me directly
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, go to our #YocoLife page or subscribe to our Exposure Gallery
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!
Yoco encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Open positions at Yoco are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.