South Africa (Remote)
Yoco is on a mission to help the businesses of tomorrow get started, and get paid – be a part of the team that changes financial services in Africa. Curious. Data-driven. Purposeful. Sound like you? It sounds a lot like us too.
We are an African technology company made up of over 200 team members globally. All with a bias for boldness, and a passion for simple, progressive solutions.
Founded in 2015, Yoco is now the payments provider for over 150 000 business owners and consistently processes over R1 billion in transactions each month.
The Talent Acquisition team are looking for an experienced Generalist Recruiter to build a reliable and sustainable commercial and business operations talent pipeline in a highly competitive market. The ideal candidate will be well networked, innovative and have extensive experience in internal recruitment.
Yoco is a remote-first company, and will accept applications from anywhere in South Africa.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
- Partner with business leaders to deliver on the acquisition strategy for generalist and leadership talent.
- Manage the full recruitment life cycle using proactive sourcing strategies and multiple recruitment channels.
- Optimise the use of our hiring toolkit (ATS, platforms and job boards) to ensure that our recruiting processes are effective and scalable.
- Play an active role in building Yoco’s Employee Value Proposition for Talent and collaborate with the Brand Marketing team to get this message out to the talent market effectively.
- Use data, insights and their own talent network to build relevant and sustainable talent pipelines and contribute to talent planning.
- Train and coach hiring managers on writing job specs and conducting interviews.
- Ensure that the candidate experience is smooth from first contact to on-boarding.
- Collaborate with all members of the recruiting team to ensure optimal delivery of recruitment objectives into the business and continuous improvement.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Key requirements to perform responsibilities successfully:
- 5+ years of working experience in full life cycle recruitment (min 2 years in internal recruitment/embedded recruitment team) with proven experience hiring a cross section of business and leadership roles.
- Greenhouse or other ATS experience is a requirement.
- Extensive use of recruiting platforms and job boards such as LinkedIn for talent mapping and direct outreach.
- Experience in financial services or financial technology environment and/or startup would be advantageous.
- Experience using data to drive your performance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Fantastic customer service ethic, high expectations for quality and attention to detail.
- Ability to solve complex people problems, make decisions and provide expert advice.
- Self-directed, willing to experiment and not afraid to fail.
THE YOCO FORMULA: HOW WE CREATE VALUE
The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - Our way of working to create value & grow
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Core Behaviours - How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, subscribe to Exposure Gallery.
You will also be working closely with various leaders across the business, a diverse and passionate group of people.
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!