South Africa (Remote)
Please note that as this is a remote based position, we are open to applications from candidates based throughout the UK and EMEA region. There are multiple analyst positions available within Yoco, we are open to candidates across all seniority levels and analytics specialisations.
Yoco is a FinTech company. We focus on building tools and services to help small and micro businesses get paid, run better, and grow. We believe in unlocking entrepreneurial potential anywhere, empowering people to thrive and driving our economy forward.
We are looking for a data-driven, structured, analytical thinker to help us drive actionable insights, build out the data capabilities in the data area, improve the quality of data, accuracy of reporting, and automate repeatable tasks. Data analytics experience in either payments, pricing, revenue, risk, growth marketing or sales would be an asset. You will report directly to the Analytics Lead.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
Develop and automate reporting and self-service data access
In order to continuously improve the quality of our management and development efforts whilst scaling up it is essential that we begin to use available data to improve our processes and structure our efforts. This role is responsible for defining, building and maintaining dashboards to support senior management and the data team. Once built, it’s important to continuously iterate the analysis based on feedback and usage. Analyse and build dashboards using self-service tools - once the data models have been built.
Create insights from data and partner with various teams within the business to create value
Beyond creating dashboards and reports, it’s critical to develop insights and hypotheses to explain key trends. In addition, developing experiments is key to validate hypotheses and make decisions and recommendations confidently. Experiment design, metric definition and measurement play a key part in this process.
Build systems and collaborate with the business and technical teams to ensure data quality.
Get deep into the data team’s current processes to understand the underlying data and its limitations. Create recommendations for process improvements that drive data quality and participate in implementation with the engineering and product teams. Continuously review the systems utilised, identifying faulty integrations, missing or incorrect data and ensuring data integrity.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
- An experienced Data Analyst or Business Intelligence Analyst with a specific focus or interest in data analytics
- Experience in working in either a growth-focused or technology organisation, ideally working together and collaborating with the data team, and engineering team, as well as other business stakeholders
- Comfortable with a variety of Data Analytics tools and platforms from cloud platform databases (Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery) with SQL, Python, and front-end tools e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Looker
- A generalist analytical thinker with a strong analysis foundation
- 3+ years in a Data Analytics role
- Experience analysing, visualising and reporting data
- Experience working with engineers, product and data teams to solve complex problems
- Gather information from various sources, interpret patterns and trends
- Strong SQL experience
Bonus points/nice to have:
- Data analytics experience in either payments, pricing, revenue, risk, growth marketing or sales
- Experience with Tableau, Looker, Metabase
- Experience with report automation
- Experience with A/B testing & experimentation
THE YOCO FORMULA - HOW WE CREATE VALUE
The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - Our way of working to create value & grow
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Leadership Principles - How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think and challenge me directly
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, go to our #YocoLife page or subscribe to our Exposure Gallery
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!
Yoco encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Open positions at Yoco are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.