Senior Product Designer
We’re here to open up commerce. Yoco is an African technology company that builds tools and services to help small businesses get paid, run their business better, and grow. At Yoco we create space to explore, we keep it simple, we stay connected to our customers and work to master our craft. These are our core values, which give every individual at Yoco room to grow. Join us on a meaningful journey of financial inclusion, helping small businesses to thrive.
The roles: what you will do
We have spaces in our team for product designers who specialise in either UI or UX. We’ve listed skills across the spectrum below. You’re expert in some, and you’ll spend most of your time working in your specialism. You also have some knowledge of all the skills listed.
Build products you are immensely proud of
As a senior product designer at Yoco, you’re part of a team of product managers, engineers, data analysts and other designers. Together, you’ll collaborate to identify customer needs and work in an iterative way to launch features and products that delight our users and embody our brand values of being simple, progressive and empowering. You will:
- Work with customer insights on qualitative research to understand our customers and translate those insights into your work
- Create delightful, elegant and effective solutions to complex problems
- Partner closely with engineers to understand technology capabilities, build outstanding designs, and achieve high-quality shipped products
- Design and facilitate cross-functional workshops
- Design information architecture, structuring complex information simply
- Incorporate quantitative data into problem solving, using it to guide your priorities
- Build user journey flows and wireframes
- Ensure copy and communication is clear and intuitive for all our users
- Produce beautifully crafted visual user interfaces
- Contribute to our design system
Contribute to design mastery at Yoco
You’re also part of a strong design community of UI, UX and industrial designers. You’ll regularly meet with designers to share ideas, inspiration and help each other solve problems.
- Maintain the highest quality standards and craft in execution, and keep yourself up to date on best practices and evolution in your field.
- Be an active member of the design community, helping to raise design standards and improve our ways of working.
- Mentor and share your knowledge with junior designers and interns.
We support and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, and value inclusive working practices. If you need adjustments to our interview process, please let us know. If you need to work flexibly or part-time we’ll facilitate this where we can.
- At least four years product design experience. Our ideal designer has substantial UX and UI experience, but particularly excels in one. You know the difference between how to create good and amazing designs.
- A strong design portfolio demonstrating thoughtful experiences across web and mobile applications—not just static websites. Mobile experience is a must.
- You’re great at communication and collaboration and easily take stakeholders and teammates from different disciplines along on a journey.
- You’re comfortable with both systems thinking and interaction design detail. You solve the right problems at source and make complex things simple.
- You’re always learning and improving - you value the craft of design and are passionate about creating great experiences that begin with listening to customers
- You are an advocate for our customers in your team and beyond.
- You have worked in cross-functional teams to launch new products and improve existing features.
Positions at Yoco are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applications. If you have not received further updates on your application after four weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.