People Operations Specialist
South Africa (Remote)
We believe in a world where independent endeavour thrives and there is no end to opportunity. A world where everyone can pursue business, participate and connect. That is why we strive to create unique products and experiences that delight people and increase wealth locally, making the world better through Open Commerce. If this excites you and you want to be part of something bigger than yourself, solving challenging problems that could make an actual difference in South Africa, then Yoco is the company for you.
The People and Culture team is looking for an experienced People Operations (HR) Specialist. The successful candidate will be responsible for day to day people operations tasks and efficiency across the various touch points of the employee journey. The ideal candidate has a good overview of all People Operations processes and transactions, and has an aptitude for maintaining detailed and accurate documentation of all processes.
We are a growing team functioning at a fast pace to drive business results, while ensuring a brilliant employee experience.
- Day-to-day execution of People Operations tasks: contracts management, payroll and benefit administration, employment equity processes, general people compliance, etc.
- Ensure that all people records, people information systems and relevant databases are organised and up to date.
- Contribute to the development of people policies/guidelines and procedures that will aid performance and help the business scale.
- Support the analysis of people data and assist with reporting.
- Assist with the management of employee relations issues in accordance with labour law and the Yoco Formula.
- Coordinate training, development and performance growth programmes and take care of the day to day management of the associated processes.
- Coordinate onboarding and off-boarding processes with respect to people operations and company onboarding.
- Deliver surveys to measure employee engagement and work closely with managers to drive initiatives to improve engagement.
- Provide support in the execution of employee wellness initiatives as required.
- Assist with people event planning and coordination.
- Graduate Degree or Diploma in Human Resource Management / Organisational Psychology is preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant working experience in an HR/People Administrator role preferably in a fast moving, dynamic Tech company.
- Experience working in an HR/People Administration in a company that has gone through hypergrowth.
- Proficient in our operating systems which includes G-Suite, Slack, Zoom, Notion, Office Vibe or a proven ability to learn new systems quickly.
- In depth knowledge of South African labour law and compliance requirements.
- The ability to challenge conventional approaches to people management, demonstrating an openness to new ideas and ways of working.
- Self-directed, takes initiative, with a strong ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Exceptional attention to detail with a proclivity for operational tasks.
- Collaborative with strong interpersonal skills.
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way