Senior Frontend Software Engineer
Cape Town, Amsterdam, EMEA (Remote)
Your home team at Yoco
Yoco's engineering team is scaling rapidly to support the ambitions of the company.
You will be a part of a close-knit, exceptionally talented team of engineers. Our engineers work in cross-functional teams gathered around missions, with a strong focus on aligning the right skills with the right problems and the right leaders to support them.
Yoco favours strongly autonomous thinkers, and encourages and supports skill development.
What we're looking for:
- Strong experience in one of the following: Android (Kotlin or Java), Swift or React (JS / Native)
- A passion about building tools for developers, businesses
- A passion about delivering high quality and beautiful products that are amazing for users.
- Desire to learn or expand to other platforms (we usually ask our mobile engineers to code in all languages, knowing you are probably stronger in one)
- 7+ years of professional experience as a software developer
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- A proven passion for all things software (and some hardware)
- Strong ability to work independently while still being collaborative and inclusive
- Proven ability in taking a feature, task or product all the way from conception to completion and release
- Ability to build re-usable solutions that others can use to avoid re-inventing the wheel every time.
- BSc Computer Science or equivalent is encouraged (strong work experience can fill this gap)
- Experience managing and/or leading teams technically (Tech Lead)
- Experience guiding junior developers to help you deliver solutions or help them grow and deliver solutions.
- Experience with SDK development and distribution
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages
- Experience designing and architecting products
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Get to know each other personally
Say what you think and challenge me directly
Be courageous and focus forward
Don’t let ego get in the way