Cape Town, Amsterdam, EMEA (Remote)
Please note that as this is a remote based position, we are open to applications from candidates based throughout the UK and EMEA region.
Yoco is an African technology company that builds tools and services to help small businesses get paid, run their business better, and grow. We believe that by opening up more possibilities for entrepreneurs to be successful, we can help create more jobs and enable people to thrive.
We have an opportunity to join the growing product team at Yoco, to build industry-leading products that small businesses use every day. We’re a friendly group of around 10 product managers of all levels, with a passion for building the best.
We use modern and customer-centred working practices. Multi-disciplinary teams of product managers, designers, engineers, and data analysts have the autonomy and support to achieve their goals as they see fit. We run discovery to understand the user job to be done, build prototypes to test our solutions, and use data, experiments, and feedback to iterate and run live products.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Set the strategy and approach for the products you are working on. You ensure that a problem is well defined, research is done, the value proposition is clear and that it has a strong business model.
- Create a deep understanding of the users and speak to them regularly. The user's voice comes through when you plan, when you test the first prototype, and for every iteration that ends up in their hands.
- Ensure that our brand values are expressed throughout the product experience that you and your team create.
- Create and set clear goals and key results with your team, regularly check progress, learn and adjust course.
- Create hypotheses, test risky assumptions, and break down complex problems into small steps
- Work with a multidisciplinary team consisting of engineering, data, design and UX to deliver on the strategy.
- Identify and reduce dependencies, remove blockers and co-ordinate with other teams and stakeholders
- Contribute to product management best practices at Yoco and beyond. Explore, share knowledge and write content for your teammates and the product management community.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
We support and encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds, and value inclusive working practices. If you need adjustments to our interview process, please let us know. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this where we can.
THE YOCO FORMULA
- You have 3-5 years of experience in product, with at least 2 years as a product manager.
- You’ve been part of a team that produced successful consumer or internal software or hardware products, from concept to adoption, with experience across product life cycles.
- You know when to use different product management tools and can balance discovery, lean-style experimental work with focused iteration and delivery.
- You’re metrics-obsessed and understand how product changes impact our goals.
- You understand the power and value of world-class design and the value of an authentic brand in shaping a product that users genuinely love.
- You have enough technical knowledge to quickly understand your product area.
- You have a proven ability to quickly get up to speed in a domain and identify trends and opportunities, and a strong commercial mindset.
- Financial services experience is a plus.
THE YOCO FORMULA
Our approach to work is a set of behaviours to create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - our way of working to create value and grow
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Leadership Principles - How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think and challenge me directly
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way
Every individual is given the space to focus on and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration, and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated, and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, go to our #YocoLife page or subscribe to our Exposure Gallery.
Open positions at Yoco are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.