Cape Town, Amsterdam, UK, EMEA (Remote)
Please note that as this is a remote based position, we are open to applications from candidates based throughout the UK and EMEA region.
Curious. Data-driven. Purposeful. Sound like you? It sounds a lot like us too. We are an African technology company made up of over 200 team members globally. All with a bias for boldness, and a passion for simple, progressive solutions.
Founded in 2015, Yoco is now the payments provider for over 150 000 business owners and consistently processes over R1 billion in transactions every month.
We’re seeking a Strategy Analyst to help us make Yoco’s most critical strategic decisions. As a member of our lean, but highly visible and impactful Strategy team, you will be a key contributor to the Strategy Functions (Strategy, corporate development) to create significant long-term business value for Yoco. You will map out our competitive landscape, assess critical industry trends, structure complex financial analyses, support M&A and fundraising processes, investigate market and product expansion opportunities and make recommendations.
Work with cross-functional teams (customer acquisition, product, customer operations, expansion) to surface opportunities and threats, outline data-driven insights, and frame actionable recommendations that will improve the performance of the company’s teams
- Assess Yoco’s addressable market for current and future products and determine product and unit economics
- Develop and optimise our pricing strategy
- Assess macroeconomic and key industry trends, competitive landscape, existing markets and ancillary markets
- Develop and expand Yoco’s competitive intelligence desk, which provides coverage of the competitive landscape, including both public incumbents and peer consumer Fintech startups
- 3 years of experience in Strategy Consulting, Investment Banking, Private Equity or Business Strategy in a Tech company
- Bachelor degree in economics or finance from a top institution
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment, deals well with ambiguity and focuses on driving impact
- Knowledge expert: Desire to go deep into a complex topic, becoming the knowledge expert for a business critical area. Passion for operational excellence and building tools and processes that deliver a high quality experience for our customers. Know-how in Pricing is a strong plus
- Analytical horsepower: Exceptional analytical, research, and quantitative skills. Demonstrated aptitude for digging deep into the data, thinking from first principles, and delivering the best results. Mastery of SQL, Tableau or another data visualisation tool is a strong plus
- Team-first: Low ego, a team-first mentality, and a knack for working well with a wide range of people. Experience coordinating tasks across multiple teams
- Crisp communicator: High attention to detail including precise and effective communications, including with external partners
- Results-oriented: You enjoy doing whatever it takes to execute on complex projects.
THE YOCO FORMULA - HOW WE CREATE VALUE
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Get to know each other personally
Say what you think and challenge me directly
Be courageous and focus forward
Don’t let ego get in the way