Product Operations Manager
Cape Town, Amsterdam, EMEA (Remote)
Please note that as this is a remote based position, we are open to applications from candidates based throughout the UK and EMEA region.
Yoco is here to open up commerce. We are an African technology company that builds tools and services to help small businesses get paid, run their business better, and grow. We believe opening up more possibilities for more entrepreneurs to be successful, we can help create more jobs, enable people to thrive and help the economy forward.
We have a place for a product operations leader to make sure things flow smoothly from idea, to market, to support as we scale. You’ll be an integral part of the product leadership team, and as the first person in this area, have space to identify priorities and grow a team. It’s a chance to shape not just the future of our products, but also how we practice product at Yoco.
Yoco uses modern and customer-centred working practices. Cross-functional teams of product managers, designers, engineers, and data analysts have the autonomy and support to achieve their goals as they see fit. We run discovery to understand the user job to be done, build prototypes to test our solutions, and use data, experiments, and feedback to iterate and run live products. You can see a recent product we launched here and a bit about how we work here.
What you’ll do:
- Set up a scalable interface between product and customer engagement support, so it’s easy for that team to knowledgeably support new and existing products with tens to hundreds of versions running at once.
- Ensure a clear relationship between company objectives and planned work in teams, and that planning, visibility and tracking of outcomes and results go smoothly.
- Get ahead of stuff that’s coming, and make sure we’re ready. Figure out and proactively solve for how ways of working in product will break as the company is bigger, working in multiple countries, on more product lines.
- Do what’s needed to make sure product work is running smoothly, and we’re always reflecting and getting better. Implement the practices, behavioural changes and tactics to get us there.
- Manage, unblock and solve creatively to ensure we hit delivery of top-priority complex projects, and give new things momentum.
- Build and grow your team. Identify what we need to better and continually support empowered, multi-disciplinary teams to ship value to our customers. Bring in the people to do this. It could be coaches, delivery managers, or a pool of people to help road manage cross-company complex projects.
- Be an active member of the product leadership team, helping make sure Yoco is Africa’s best place to work in product.
Your skills and experience:
We support and encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds, and value inclusive working practices. If you need adjustments to our interview process, please let us know. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this where we can.
- You are a senior leader with 5 years + experience
- You know what it means to iteratively and quickly release software to users, and ideally have experience working in a high-growth technology company.
- You are an excellent project, programme or delivery manager with a track record of leading and proactively managing end-to-end execution.
- You are happy working autonomously, making the connections you need, proactively spotting things, and ruthlessly prioritising to do the few most important things very well.
- You have clear and compelling written and verbal communication skills. You’re great at explaining highly technical topics to technical and non-technical audiences.
- You’re a structured systems thinker who can spot patterns, use data and solve problems holistically
- Experience establishing a product operations or similar function, and growing a team is a plus
Our approach to work is a set of behaviours we think create maximum value for our customers and help us to grow.
Core Values - our way of working to create value and grow
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think and challenge me directly
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way