Yoco is a FinTech company. We focus on building tools and services to help small and micro businesses get paid, run better, and grow. We believe in unlocking entrepreneurial potential anywhere, empowering people to thrive and driving our economy forward.
We are looking for a data-driven, structured, analytical thinker to help us drive actionable insights, build out the data capabilities in the people space, improve the quality of data, accuracy of reporting, and automate repeatable tasks. This role will unlock Yoco’s recruiting efforts and support with making Yoco a great place to work.
You will report directly to the VP Data & Analytics with a dotted line into the people team. This is a new role at Yoco and you will have the opportunity to pioneer and forge the space of people analytics. This is a new role at Yoco and you will have the opportunity to pioneer and forge the space of people analytics. We have embraced a remote work culture, so you’re welcome to apply from anywhere in South Africa.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
Develop and automate reporting and self-service data access
Yoco is growing quickly! In order to continuously improve the quality of our recruiting and people development efforts whilst scaling up it is essential that we begin to use available data to improve our processes and structure our efforts. This role is responsible for defining, building and maintaining dashboards to support senior management and the people team. Once built, it’s important to continuously iterate the analysis based on feedback and usage. Train and develop the people team to analyse and build dashboards themselves using self-service tools - once the data models have been built.
Create insights from data and partner with the people team to create value
Beyond creating dashboards and reports, it’s critical to develop insights and hypotheses to explain key people trends. In addition, developing experiments is key to validate hypotheses and make decisions and recommendations confidently. Experiment design, metric definition and measurement play a key part in this process.
Build systems and collaborate with the people team to ensure data quality
Get deep into the people team’s current processes to understand the underlying data and its limitations. Create recommendations for process improvements that drive data quality and participate in implementation with the engineering and people teams. Continuously review the entire people system, identifying faulty integrations, missing or incorrect data and ensuring data integrity.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
- An experienced Data Analyst or Business Intelligence Analyst with a specific focus or interest in recruiting and/or people analytics
- Experience in working in either a growth-focused or technology organisation, ideally working together and collaborating with the people team, data team, and engineering team, as well as other business stakeholders
- Comfortable with a variety of Data Analytics tools and platforms from cloud platform databases (Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery) with SQL, Python, and front-end tools e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Looker
- A generalist analytical thinker with a strong people foundation (understanding of the recruiting process and performance management) and preferably a knowledge of Greenhouse, or other recruiting platforms
- 5+ years in a Data or People Analytics role
- Experience analysing and visualising recruiting and performance data
- Experience working with engineers, people and data teams to solve complex problems
- Strong SQL experience
Bonus points/nice to have:
- Experience in payments
- Experience with Tableau, Looker, Metabase
- Experience with report automation
THE YOCO FORMULA - HOW WE CREATE VALUE
The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - Our way of working to create value & grow
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Leadership Principles - How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think and challenge me directly
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, go to our #YocoLife
page or subscribe to our Exposure Gallery
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!
Yoco encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Open positions at Yoco are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.