Group Product Manager
Cape Town, Amsterdam, EMEA (Remote)
Please note that as this is a remote based position, we are open to applications from candidates based throughout the UK and EMEA region.
Yoco is here to open up commerce. We are an African technology company that builds tools and services to help small businesses get paid, run their business better, and grow. We believe that by opening up more possibilities for more entrepreneurs to be successful, we can help create more jobs, enable people to thrive and help the economy forward.
This is a rare and exciting role for a product leader to start a new product line and team, and take something from idea to scale. It’s a chance to shape not just the future of our products, but also how we practice product at Yoco.
Today, Yoco uses modern and customer-centred working practices. Our goal is that our cross-functional teams of product managers, designers, engineers, and data analysts have the autonomy and support to achieve their goals as they see fit. We run discovery to understand the user job to be done, build prototypes to test our solutions, and use data, experiments, and feedback to iterate and run live products. You can see a recent product we launched here.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
Start and lead a product area at Yoco:
- Lead the discovery, validation and development of a major product line, working alongside peers in design, data, and engineering
- Evaluate the opportunities and pick the most promising starting point to take this from zero to one. Set and deliver a clear, cohesive strategy
- Set hypotheses, test risky assumptions, and break down complex problems
- Lead cross-functional teams to deliver on that strategy. Support your team to set clear goals and key results, regularly check in on progress, learn and adjust course
- Reduce dependencies, remove blockers and co-ordinate with other teams and stakeholders
- Ensure all our work starts with a deep understanding of our customers, and that our brand promise is expressed throughout the product experience
Contribute to Product Management Craft
- Hire, manage and develop Product Managers to run effective teams that ship things customers really value
- Contribute to and codify product management practices at Yoco. You’ll be an active part of our product management community
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Your skills and experience:
We support and encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds, and value inclusive working practices. If you need adjustments to our interview process, please let us know. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this where we can.
- You have significant experience as a software product manager, and you have led software product teams that built successful products from concept to adoption
- You have strong commercial and data literacy. You’re metrics-obsessed and understand how product changes impact our goals
- You understand the power and value of world-class design and the value of an authentic brand in shaping a product that users genuinely love
- You have enough technical knowledge to quickly understand your teams’ products
- You deeply understand and know when to employ different product management tools, and can balance lean style experimental work with focused iterations
- Financial services, payments or working in a regulated environment is a plus. If not you’ll be a structured thinker with evidence of simplifying complexity
- You have been a manager of product managers, and are passionate about developing and supporting people to be part of high-performing teams
THE YOCO FORMULA
Our approach to work is a set of behaviours to create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - our way of working to create value and grow
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Leadership Principles - How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think and challenge me directly
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way
Every individual is given the space to focus on and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration, and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated, and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, go to our #YocoLife page or subscribe to our Exposure Gallery.
Open positions at Yoco are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.