Senior Analytics Engineer
Cape Town, Amsterdam, EMEA (Remote)
Please note that as this is a remote based position, we are open to applications from candidates based throughout the UK and EMEA region.
Yoco is a FinTech company. We focus on building tools and services to help small and micro businesses get paid, run better, and grow. We believe in unlocking entrepreneurial potential anywhere, empowering people to thrive and driving our economy forward.
Yoco was founded in 2013. Today we are a company of over 150 people all driven by a common goal: keeping the needs of our customers at heart. Our vision is Open Commerce and we want to do this to enable people to thrive.
We strive to delight our customers. Our Analytics Engineering team works in the intersection between data, engineering and our internal customers - Product, Acquisition and Growth, Operations, Customer Support, Finance and beyond. The team is responsible for building data models from backend services with the desire to make data a genuine competitive advantage. We want a team capable of building an amazing platform to support daily decision making, long-term strategy, and provide best in class analytics to the entire organisation.
You'll be a senior contributor in our core Data team, working across a variety of projects to deliver consistent, quality-assured data across all functional areas. You’ll help us build reliable, repeatable data frameworks while driving best practices across all of our disciplines, building processes designed for scale and automation.
This role will be embedded within the core Data team, it's key to build strong collaborative relationships with analysts and leaders in each area, while fully understanding our entire suite of systems. You will be expected to engage in the granular detail and the nuances of each system so the data models built will be fully understood, with clear lineage and a solid business understanding.
We have embraced a remote work culture, so you’re welcome to apply from anywhere in South Africa.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
Drive best practices for our Data Warehouse - framework design, logical data modelling, implementation, metadata and testing standards
Collaborate across the business to define data concepts, KPIs and dimensions in an intuitive manner, distilling complexity whilst still capturing the nuance
Lead the building of robust data models of backend services that support all areas of the business
Investigate and effectively work with colleagues from other disciplines to address and improve data quality at the source
Drive the thinking on robust models that enable data inclusivity so producing analytics is available to all at Yoco
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
- An experienced Senior Data Modeller/Analyst or Senior Data Scientist, a specific specialisation and deep understanding of data modelling
- Experience in working in either a growth-focused or technology organisation, ideally working together and collaborating with the data analysts, data engineers, and engineering team, as well as other business stakeholders
- Comfortable with a variety of Data Analytics tools and platforms from cloud platform databases (Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery) with SQL, Python, and front-end tools e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Looker
- A track record of delivering results from data, creating business-relevant core data models and key dimensions that have a broad applicability
- AWS (Redshift, S3, Spectrum) for all of our analytics infrastructure
- Gitlab and SQL for our data modelling and warehousing
- Airflow for our transformations and loads
- Fivetran and Segment for extracts and loads
- Tableau, Periscope, Mixpanel, and Looker for our Visualisations
- AWS for most of our backend infrastructure
- 5+ years experience in a technical data role
- Very strong SQL experience, as well as optimising SQL performance
- Experience with building a data warehouse and data platform frameworks
- Strong data modelling expertise
- Strong attention to detail
Experience with Redshift, Looker
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think and challenge me directly
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way