Senior Marketing Manager
We have an open role for a talented Senior Marketing Manager in the Brand & Communications team. At Yoco we believe in the power of brand. The power of storytelling, and creating emotional connections that build a long term competitive moat. We are a challenger brand who is not afraid to question the status quo. We are idea-centered and customer intimate.
We are driven by the single minded purpose of breaking down barriers for the independent small business owners and entrepreneurs we serve on a daily basis. Our role is to act as a loud hailer for them, telling their stories, and shining a light on their grit, resilience and determination in an authentic way.
If you believe in combining science with magic, you live and breathe all things brand marketing and you can empathise with the South African entrepreneur, this may be the role for you.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
- Lead brand strategy and planning process from end-to-end to develop annual marketing calendars that are clear, consistent, compelling and cut-through;
- Lead the creation, development and implementation of integrated content, community programs and campaigns to drive brand awareness and conversion;
- Ensure consistency in brand voice, messaging, style and experience across traditional and digital media;
- Work with the Growth Marketing, Product Marketing and Retail teams to ensure alignment between creative, message and activity calendar;
- Create world class briefs based on business objectives and insights to internal and external creative partners;
- Work with data and insights teams to gather insights and define, track and constantly evolve brand metrics;
- Take ownership of the Brand and Communications media budget across digital and offline media, working with the Media team to develop and execute strategy across all traditional (TV, outdoor, radio and print) and digital channels;
- Be autonomous. Work independently, and manage multiple large strategic and high profile projects with minimal supervision.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Yoco encourages applications from people with diverse backgrounds. We value inclusive working practices and diverse teams. We are a remote-first company, and will accept applications from anywhere. Preference will however be given to an individual who is either from South Africa, or who has lived in South Africa for an extended period of time, to enable their ability to understand the context and empathise with our customer.
- You have at least 10+ years experience in Brand Marketing (either as a Head of Brand, Head of Strategy, Senior Brand Manager or Senior Marketing Strategist);
- You have managed large marketing budgets across multiple channels and have deep experience with integrated campaign and content planning and execution;
- You have led multi-disciplinary teams of >10 marketers and creatives;
- You have a proven track record of building a brand(s) through a combination of science and magic and can demonstrate an exceptional portfolio of work;
- You are a modern marketer who is as comfortable discussing traditional media effectiveness tracking as you are in ideating content for TikTok;
- You have an ability to push a brand forward with fresh, evolving, creative ideas, and know how to get the best out of creatives to create goosebumps and build brand love;
- You are a strong presenter who can articulate ideas clearly and passionately; not just on the page, but also in person.
- You own or have owned a small business in South Africa, and understand the daily entrepreneurial hustle.
THE YOCO FORMULA - HOW WE CREATE VALUE
Our values and principles define how we work together, and how we grow.
Core Values - how we do our work
- Stay connected
- Make space to explore
- Keep it simple
- Master your craft
Leadership Principles - how we show up, engage and treat each other
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think and challenge me directly
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, go to our #YocoLife page or subscribe to our Exposure Gallery
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!
Open positions at Yoco are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.