Lending Product Manager
Yoco is an African technology company that builds tools and services to help small businesses get paid, run their business better, and grow.
We’re looking for a product manager to lead Yoco Capital, our product that gives access to funding for merchants who use Yoco for payment. To date, we have helped more than 10,000 merchants grow their business by providing lending products through innovative risk modelling based on their Yoco card and online sales.
This role is ideal for either a product manager with relevant financial experience, or a financial product manager who wants to make the move into tech, and lead the full user journey from commercial levers to building the user experience. It begins managing the commercial success of the product, and can evolve to be the PM of a cross functional team of developers, designers and analysts to evolve this and other financial products.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
You will be responsible for the product and commercial success of Yoco Capital, ensuring Yoco grows access to funding for our merchant base while ensuring healthy metrics and merchant satisfaction.
- Own the commercial relationship with our partners and funders
- Work with data and risk teams to grow the portfolio, refine loan offers to merchants and balance risk across the portfolio
- Experiment with business levers such as loan repayment rate or pricing to grow conversion rates across different industries, and offer ranges
- Review and be accountable for the commercial metrics such as loan disbursements, collection and default rates, to ensure the health of the portfolio
- Coordinate with growth and marketing teams to set up automated marketing journeys and run campaigns that create awareness, increase conversion and leads for the capital sales team
- Ensure close collaboration with the sales team lead, to ensure the lead pipeline is always full, service and support levels are managed and that merchant satisfaction remains high
- Work closely with finance and partners to produce monthly reports to stakeholders on the health of the portfolio
- Identify, test and validate new opportunities and innovation in lending and financing, using qualitative and quantitative customer insights
- For the first 6 months you will own and move the commercial metrics, working with the data and risk teams to run experiments and grow the portfolio. After you have gained exposure on the partner and commercial side, you will be working with the engineering, design and UX team members recommending and driving product changes that make it simpler for merchants to apply and manage their cash advances.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
We support and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, and value inclusive working practices. If you need adjustments to our interview process, please let us know. If you need to work flexibly or part-time we’ll facilitate this where we can.
We are seeking someone with a passion and depth of experience solving complex problems and growing successful financial products that customers love. You should have a solid few years of financial product or lending experience behind you and ready for your next challenge in a user-centred, fintech environment.
- 3-5 years of proven experience as a product or lending manager or similar role in a financial environment
- Ability to engage with partners, understand what commercial success of the product looks like and interpret financial performance data.
- Passion for product development with extraordinary attention to detail
- Able to identify and implement experiments, product improvements and bring those improvements to market
- Experience using data and metrics to drive products or commercial decisions
- Good at simplifying complex information
- Comfortable engaging with senior stakeholders and partners
Bonus points/nice to have:
- You have worked in a lending environment before where you helped design and grow lending products in a cross-functional team.
- You have experience working with small business owners
- Experience with payments or working in a regulated environment
THE YOCO FORMULA - HOW WE CREATE VALUE
The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - Our way of working to create value & grow
Make Space to Explore
Keep it Simple
Master your Craft
Leadership Principles - How we show up, engage & treat each other
Get to know each other personally
Say what you think and challenge me directly
Be courageous and focus forward
Don’t let ego get in the way
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, go to our #YocoLife page or subscribe to our Exposure Gallery
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!
Yoco encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Open positions at Yoco are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.