So you know your business needs to start accepting card payments but which Yoco product is right for you? We’ve broken it down into 5 simple things to think about to help you make your decision. Once you’ve answered the questions, keep scrolling to read about our card payment solutions.
Start with the obvious. What is your budget for a card payment solution?
How much you spend on your card payment solution is entirely up to you. Start your journey by writing down your budget. Remember if you buy a Yoco card machine, this cost will be once-off.
- R500 or less
- R700 or less
- R1000 or less
Next up: what kind of business do you have? Do you sell on multiple platforms?
There are 4 main types of business you could have (or a combination of them)!
- Physical business – you trade with customers from a physical location. The industry doesn’t matter. So this is anyone from a retail boutique to a doctor’s office.
- Social store – you sell to customers over a social platform like Facebook, Instagram, or Whatsapp. This includes using platforms like Facebook Marketplace, or Gumtree.
- Mobile business – you take your business on the road. This applies to any business that operates primarily out of a vehicle and delivers either goods or services to customers at any location.
- E-commerce store – you have a website that enables customers to shop and check out at their convenience. This includes self-built sites like Wix or WordPress.
Write down which group(s) your business falls into. It can be more than one! For example, you could have a physical store and also deliver goods to customers. Or, you could have an e-commerce store but also sell in person at markets.
So far, so good. Now, how many people in your business need to process card payments?
Let’s think about the number of people in your business. Are you flying solo or do you employ a team to help you?
- Solo entrepreneur
- 3 to 5 people
- 5 to 10 people
- 10 or more people
This question specifically refers to people in the business that would process payments on a regular basis. For example, are you a restaurant owner who has 3 or 4 waiters who need to take payments? Or, are you a store owner who has 2 team members at the front desk? Write down your magic number.
Rank what is most important to you when it comes to a card payment solution.
Here are four statements. Rank them based on what is most important to you.
- I want my customers to have lots of payment options.
- I want multiple staff members to process payments quickly and easily.
- I want to enable customers who aren’t with me to pay securely.
- I want to save on data or wifi costs in my business.
Write down the statements from most important to least important.
Last. Do you offer a service that requires advance payment, such as a deposit or booking fee?
An easy one! Examples include taking a deposit before you start a custom project (like baking a birthday cake) or requiring a booking fee for your time if you’re an accountant.
A quick yes or no is all you need.
And that’s it!
Let’s take a look at how your answers will influence which payment solution is right for you.
These are the options Yoco offers:
Time to match your answers with the right card payment solution.
- This small but powerful card machine suits businesses on a budget. It retails for only R299 (normal price: R499).
- The Go needs to connect to a smart device (like a tablet or phone) in order to process payments. This means your business needs a stable wifi or data connection.
- The Go can work in almost every business environment – in-store and on the run.
- Due to its need to be connected to a smart device, the Go might not be the best fit for businesses that have multiple staff members processing payments. Each card machine needs a unique pairing with a smart device to work.
- When paired with Yoco Link, the Go gives you strong payment options for your customers for a very affordable price. Customers can choose to pay you remotely via Link, or in-person with your card machine.
- The Yoco Neo is a standalone card machine that has a built-in SIM card with unlimited data. Although it comes at a higher upfront cost (R799 currently, R999 at full price), it enables you to save on data and wifi costs in the long run.
- The Neo is the perfect option for businesses that don’t have stable wifi or data connections (or want a solution that doesn’t rely on wifi). Its roaming SIM card will find the best network option and process your payments in no time.
- The Neo works in every business setting: from solo traders all the way up to teams of 10 or more.
- This card machine is a smart option for businesses that are a combination type (eg. physical store with a delivery option) because you don’t need to pair it with a smart device. Its premium design also works for businesses that want a sleek look for their countertop.
- If you have large teams, you can purchase multiple Neos for your business and operate them independently linked to the same Yoco account. (For example, if you own a café, each waiter can carry his own card machine.)
- The Neo can be combined with any of the online options to create a complete payment ecosystem.
- If you have an online store powered by Yoco Gateway, you can enable your customers to pay on delivery with a Neo.
- Signing up for any of Yoco’s online products is completely free. So if you don’t want to spend any cash upfront on a payment solution, you can sign up and test our online products before you upgrade.
- Yoco Link is perfect for enabling customers to pay you remotely without the hassle of setting up an online store. Social sellers and mobile businesses, we’re talking to you! Simply share the link via DM, text, or email, and your customers can pay you safely and securely.
- If you have a large team, no problem! The link can be shared from the Yoco App as many times as you like. Paid and unpaid links are easy to track and view at any time.
- When the time is right, you can purchase a card machine to level up your business!
- Yoco Link is PERFECT for businesses that need an advance fee or deposit. Add the link to your quote or invoice, you’re good to go! Goodbye EFTs.
- E-commerce sites that are built on WordPress, WooCommerce, Wix, and Shopstar: this is the solution for you. Sign up is free.
- The Yoco Gateway is a reliable, secure payment integration that enables you to take card payments on your store.
- It is accessed via Yoco Business Portal and the setup is quick and easy.
- Yoco Gateway can be paired with any other solution to give your customers options. Activate Yoco Voucher and give your online customers a way to support you without direct purchase. You can use vouchers as gift cards, rewards, or within a loyalty buyer program.
- Yoco Voucher is a great add-on to any of Yoco’s payment solutions to give customers a way to support you with directly buying anything.
- Vouchers can be used in lots of different ways. It’s entirely up to you! Sky’s the limit.
And that’s it!
Once you’ve picked your solution, take a look at one of the blogs below to learn more. 🙌🏼