So you know your business needs to start accepting card payments, but which Yoco product is right for you? We’ve broken it down into 5 simple things to think about, to help you make your decision. Once you’ve answered the questions, keep scrolling to read about our card payment solutions.
Start with the obvious. What is your budget for a card payment solution?
How much you spend on your card payment solution is entirely up to you. Start your journey by writing down your budget. Remember if you buy a Yoco card machine, this cost will be once-off.
- R700 or less
- R1000 or less
- R2500 or less
Next up: what kind of business do you have? Do you sell on multiple platforms?
There are 4 main types of business you could have (or a combination of them)!
- Physical business – you trade with customers from a physical location. The industry doesn’t matter. So this is anyone from a retail boutique to a doctor’s office.
- Social store – you sell to customers over a social platform like Facebook, Instagram, or Whatsapp. This includes using platforms like Facebook Marketplace, or Gumtree.
- Mobile business – you take your business on the road. This applies to any business that operates primarily out of a vehicle and delivers either goods or services to customers at any location.
- E-commerce store – you have a website that enables customers to shop and check out at their convenience. This includes self-built sites like Wix or WordPress.
Write down which group(s) your business falls into. It can be more than one! For example, you could have a physical store and also deliver goods to customers. Or, you could have an e-commerce store but also sell in person at markets.
So far, so good. Now, how many people in your business need to process card payments?
Let’s think about the number of people in your business. Are you flying solo or do you employ a team to help you?
- Solo entrepreneur
- 3 to 5 people
- 5 to 10 people
- 10 or more people
This question specifically refers to people in the business that would process payments on a regular basis. For example, are you a restaurant owner who has 3 or 4 waiters who need to take payments? Or, are you a store owner who has 2 team members at the front desk? Write down your magic number.
Rank what is most important to you when it comes to a card payment solution.
Here are four statements. Rank them based on what is most important to you.
- I want my customers to have lots of payment options.
- I want multiple staff members to process payments quickly and easily.
- I want to enable customers who aren’t with me to pay securely.
- I want to save on data or wifi costs in my business.
Write down the statements from most important to least important.
Last. Do you offer a service that requires advance payment, such as a deposit or booking fee?
An easy one! Examples include taking a deposit before you start a custom project (like baking a birthday cake) or requiring a booking fee for your time if you’re an accountant.
A quick yes or no is all you need.
And that’s it!
Let’s take a look at how your answers will influence which payment solution is right for you.
These are the options Yoco offers:
Time to match your answers with the right card payment solution.
- This small but powerful card machine suits businesses on a budget. It retails for only R499.
- The Go needs to connect to a smart device (like a tablet or phone) in order to process payments. This means your business needs a stable Wifi or data connection.
- The Go can work in almost every business environment – in-store and on the run.
- Due to its need to be connected to a smart device, the Go might not be the best fit for businesses that have many staff members processing payments. Each card machine needs a unique pairing with a smart device to work.
- When paired with Yoco Link, the Go gives you strong payment options for your customers for a very affordable price. Customers can choose to pay you remotely via Link, or in-person with your card machine.
- The Yoco Khumo is our smartest and fastest card machine yet – it’s a standalone device, that has two built-in SIM cards, with unlimited data for all your transacting needs. Although it comes at a higher upfront cost (R699 currently), it enables you to save on data and Wifi costs in the long run.
- The Khumo is the perfect option for businesses that don’t have stable Wifi or data connections (or want a solution that doesn’t rely on Wifi). It processes transactions in under 3 seconds, with unlimited 4G data. The Vodacom and MTN SIM cards mean you’ll always have network, but you still have the option to use Wifi too (if it’s available).
- The Khumo works in every business setting: from solo traders all the way up to teams of 10 or more.
- It’s our smartest card machine yet, with epic built-in POS features to help you manage and understand your business, and its software automatically updates to keep you at the cutting edge of tech with us.
- This smart card machine is also a very smart option for businesses that are a combination type (eg. physical store with a delivery option) because you don’t need to pair it with a smart device. Its premium design also works for businesses that want a sleek, professional look.
- If you have large teams, you can purchase multiple Khumos for your business, and operate them independently linked to the same Yoco account. (For example, if you own a café, each waiter can carry his own card machine.)
- The Khumo can be combined with any of the online options to create a complete payment ecosystem.
- If you have an online store powered by Yoco Gateway, you can enable your customers to pay on delivery with a Khumo.
- The Yoco Khumo Print gives you all the flipping standalone magic of the classic Khumo, but with a built-in receipt printer for businesses with printing needs.
- Not only can it print, but it’s officially our fastest card machine — processing payments in under 2 seconds flat!
- Buy a charging station for a super-powered battery life that you won’t even have to think twice about.
- It’s the smartest choice for more sophisticated small businesses and those with printing needs, like retail, food, beverage, and hospitality vendors.
- The Khumo Print is a pricier device (at R2499), but well worth the investment when you consider the formidable (smart and speed) upgrade it represents.
- Signing up for any of Yoco’s online products is completely free. So if you don’t want to spend any cash upfront on a payment solution, you can sign up and test our online products before you upgrade.
- Yoco Link is perfect for enabling customers to pay you remotely without the hassle of setting up an online store. Social sellers and mobile businesses, we’re talking to you! Simply share the link via DM, text, or email, and your customers can pay you safely and securely.
- If you have a large team, no problem! The link can be shared from the Yoco App as many times as you like. Paid and unpaid links are easy to track and view at any time.
- When the time is right, you can purchase a card machine to level up your business!
- Yoco Link is PERFECT for businesses that need an advance fee or deposit. Add the link to your quote or invoice, you’re good to go! Goodbye EFTs.
- As always, using any of Yoco’s online products is completely free. That means you can create and send as many professional invoices as you like, and you only pay a small transaction fee when you get paid.
- Yoco Invoices get you paid like a pro: quickly create your own custom invoices, in just a few steps from the App or Portal. Each invoice is generated with a unique payment link, so when you’ve sent it to your customers, they can instantly click to securely pay online, at their convenience.
- Yoco Invoices is perfect for professionals looking for a way to manage and send multiple bills, for remote payment. They provide your customers with the detail and formality of a professional document, while keeping you tax compliant.
- Keep track of paid and unpaid invoices from the App, and get notified as soon as payment is made. Consultants, creatives, tradespeople, professional service providers, and all kinds of solopreneurs, we’re talking to you!
- With Yoco Invoices, your customers are encouraged to pay faster, thanks to the convenience of click-to-pay. No more waiting for EFTs.
- E-commerce sites that are built on WordPress, WooCommerce, Wix, and Shopstar: this is the solution for you. Sign up is free.
- The Yoco Gateway is a reliable, secure payment integration that enables you to take card payments on your store.
- It is accessed via Yoco Business Portal and the setup is quick and easy.
- Yoco Gateway can be paired with any other solution to give your customers options. Activate Yoco Voucher and give your online customers a way to support you without direct purchase. You can use vouchers as gift cards, rewards, or within a loyalty buyer program.
- Yoco Voucher is a great add-on to any of Yoco’s payment solutions to give customers a way to support you with directly buying anything.
- Vouchers can be used in lots of different ways. It’s entirely up to you! Sky’s the limit.
And that’s it!
Once you’ve picked your solution, take a look at one of the blogs below to learn more. 🙌🏼